package does not build everywhere due to midding header -- help sought

Hello,

I maintain the ulog-acctd package and have the problem that it does
not build on every architecture because a header file
(/usr/include/linux/netfilter/ipt_ULOG.h) is missing. At the moment,
the affected architectures are arm and m68k. This file is supposed to
be part of libc6-dev and as I understand the glibc build process,
headers to be included are taken from the installed kernel package.

To my knowledge, Netfilter's ULOG target (and thus ipt_ULOG.h)
appeared in kernel version 2.4.18. On neither architecture, kernel
versions greater than 2.4.17 are available, so I guess using
ulog-acctd on those architectures would not make much sense, anyhow.

In previous versions of ulog-acctd, I solved the problem by shipping
ipt_ULOG.h in the .diff, but my AM Andrew Suffield told me that this
is an ugly hack -- and I really have to agree.

I now see two solutions which I both consider suboptimal:

Either I add a Build-Depends: kernel-headers-2.4.18 |
kernel-headers-2.4.19 | kernel-headers-2.4.20 ... I see a problem
there because some time may pass between kernel sources and headers
appearing on those architectures and the glibc packages being rebuilt.
this would cause the autobulders to fail on my package in the
meantime.

Or I add a Architectures: file which lists every architecture in
Debian except for the two architectures where the ipt_ULOG.h file is
missing. As I have access to neither an arm nor m68k machine, I would
not likely be notified when the problem with the missing .h file goes
away.

What should I do?

-Hilko