Re: GnuPG/gpg signature

-snip-
> but I
> don't quite understand what a subkey is, and the  Developer's reference
> (iirc) warns that having more than 2 subkeys may corrupt my key on the
> keyservers? Would I be able to remove subkeys and replace them?

I don't know about the second question, but yes, hkp keyservers don't
seem to like keys with more than 1 subkey.

> Are my choices of keysize, algorithm and subkey usage good choices?

The reason I use RSA for signatures instead of DSA is because I don't
trust DSA's keysize. I have a 2048 bit RSA master (signing) key, and
a 2048 bit ElGamal encrypt/decrypt key (this is the 1 subkey).

> What's the proper usage for and of subkeys?

1 master signing key, 1 decryption subkey. This is what happens if you
choose RSA sign and encrypt I believe, it creates 2 RSA keys. Same with
just choosing ElGamal (although you have to add a subkey manually there,
I think. Key generation is not a daily thing for me ;)

> If possible, what's the best way to include photo ID in a key/subkey?

Sorry, but I don't know the best answer to this as I only very recently
got a good picture of me taken and need to look this up later myself :p

--
Morgon Kanter <morgon@surgo.net> http://www.surgo.net
GPG key ID: 297CEA5B