RFS: nautilus-media - Multimedia extensions for Nautilus

Hello mentors!

this is an RFS for nautilus-media which adds multimedia capabilites to
Nautilus, the Gnome file manager. nautilus-media is a (much
advertized) part of the official Gnome 2.2 release but is not yet in
Debian.

A month ago I have filed an RFP, which I have now renamed to ITP

Emil Soleyman-Zomalan <emil@nishra.com> has prepared the package, to
which I have made some additional corrections. Emil has agreed that I
be his co-maintainer.

Although I have already contacted the sponsor for my other package
(Matthias Klose), I decided to ask at debian-mentors, too. Given the
list of Matthias' current packages, I think that he is probably not
interested in sponsoring Gnome-related software.

So if there is a Gnome-loving DD and sponsor around, please have a
look at the nautilus-media package which is available at

deb http://home.arcor.de/j.rohr/debian/unstable/ ./

The package is lintian and linda clean (source & binary tested), but
hasn't been tested in pbuilder, so there is no guarantee that the
Build-depends are really, really complete. As I'm "bandwidth
impaired", I still hesitate to set up a pbuilder.

Thanks for any help!

Johannes Rohr

Package information:

* Package name    : nautilus-media
  Version         : 0.2
  Upstream Author : Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas@apestaart.org>
                    James Willcox <jwillcox.gnome.org>
                    Keith Conger
* URL             : http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/nautilus-media/0.2/
* License         : GPL
  Description     : Media goodies for nautilus

Media goodies for Nautilus

- audio view		     displays directory as audio tracks, plays them
- audio properties view	a    property page for audio files, used in
                             nautilus
- gst-thumbnail		     thumbnails videos for nautilus

Educational stuff for writing Nautilus views
- test view		a test view to learn from

nautilus-media is part of the official Gnome 2.2 release
--
~/.signature under construction