Re: How to mantain a package... easily

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 08:53, Jaime Robles wrote:
> How can i mantain a package without doing every time the same job...
> ¿Is there any way to avoid checking all the files in /debian and editing the
> Makefiles and so on eeeeeeeeevery time the sources are updated?

As well as using uupdate, I would also suggest that changes to upstream
files should be done using patches rather than changing the files
directly. This makes it far easier to keep track of what changes you
have made, particularly if many unrelated changes are needed.
Of course, if the patches are not Debian specific you should try to get
them incorporated upstream.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :