Re: How to mantain a package... easily

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 09:53:37AM +0100, Jaime Robles wrote:

> How can i mantain a package without doing every time the same job...
> ¿Is there any way to avoid checking all the files in /debian and editing the
> Makefiles and so on eeeeeeeeevery time the sources are updated?
>
> I mean... could it be possible to execute any command with any parameter like:
> "update_from_sources new_sources.tar.gz" to generate the same debian package
> in the easy way?
> :-)

Download the tar.gz file to the .. directory from the old sources (debianized)
directory.

Execute "uupdate ../sources.of.the.new.package.tar.gz"

There you go.

Before that you might want to compare the two source trees, to check that
upstream did not modify much the sources (so that it does not introduce
substantial changes that will end in a problematic situation).

Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
 Registered Linux user #66350 proudly using Debian Sid & Linux 2.4.20

Look at my fingers: four stones, four crates. Zero stones? ZERO CRATES!
		--Zorg (The Fifth Element)