a couple (cgi) packaging issues

hey -mentors,

stephen gran volunteered to give my package a looking over and eventually
an upload (thanks!), and as a result i have another couple of packaging
issues for you (and by couple i mean 6):

- do cgi programs need man pages as well?  techinically they're
  executables, but i don't know what i'd put there, and they do
  live in /usr/lib, so it's a bit ambiguous to me.  i looked at
  some other packages and none of the few i looked at had manpages,
  but i just want to make sure...

- is it a policy violation to ship an empty logfile?

- is it a policy violation to ship it 660 root:www-data?  the cgi script
  in question isn't run setuid, so it can't write unless the owner
  or group field is changed, and in the latter case only if the group
  permissions are changed.  also, the script can't write to the log if
  it doesn't exist because it doesn't have permissions to create a file
  in /var/log otherwise.

- would it be better for a logfile to go in /var/log, or
  /var/log/packagename?  it's a single logfile, but it gets logrotated,
  so i can see people getting grumpy about it in /var/log/sugarplum.*
  after a couple of months...

thanks, as always
	sean