Re: How to obtain current package version number?

Marc,

> >You can pull it in using a substvar, I think.

> That sounds interesting. Can you elaborate? I know that I can use
> substvars in my control file to get automatic dependencies on the libs
> I use, but how does that transfer to maintainer scripts?

Never mind, I just looked it up. Substvars are only allowed for control,
.dsc and .changes files. So probably you will have to go through sed if
you really need it. Usually, your postinst should compare the old
version to one that a particular change was made in and make that change
if necessary. Comparing to the current version is bad, since maintainer
scripts are supposed to be idempotent anyway.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4