Re: Question about debconf notes

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 06:39:55PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > I'm packaging a program that generates a cache in the users home
> > directory. This cache must be erased for each new upstream release (that
> > would not be often though).
>
> Can't the cache include its version number, so that the program can
> automatically regenerate the cache whenever it finds that its version is
> different from that of the cache?

After all the input here i investigated the problem again. First: Such a a
version reference exists, but it is not used automatically from what i can
tell. Second: the problem i encountered perhaps only occours at the
current upgrade (4.3.5->4.4.0). I will talk with upstream about this.
They were very cooperative in the past. If this is the case, i think a
note in the README.Debian will do as i made the old package not public
available. If its a general problem we'll see.

But thanks for all the advice :-)

Frank

--
Frank Lichtenheld