Re: How free does a non-free package have to be?

> if a program license restricts usage to e.g. non-commercial use only,
> will this (usually) disqualify a package from inclusion into non-free?

DFSG (http://www.debian.org/social_contract.en.html)
6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor
The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in a
specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not restrict the program
from being used in a business, or from being used for genetic research.

As "must not" is clearly specified, I think such license would not fit the
DFSG (The Debian Free Software Guidelines), IMHO.