Re: Build-Depends on source of a different package?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 01:17:13PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a right way for using the source of a different
> debian-package?

For ocaml, i supply an ocaml-source package for other folk to use it.

> I've checked the archives, but I only found
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2001/debian-mentors-200103/msg00253.html
> which is a little bit dated and without really positive outcome. The
> best suggestion was something similar to
> if [ ! -e $TMPDIR/foo.tar.gz ]; then
>    pushd $TMPDIR
>    apt-get source --tar-only foo
>    popd
> fi
>
> If you're wondering: The package in question would be exim v4 with the
> exiscan patch applied. - It cannot simply be built from the exim4
> source-package because the patch is released more often than exim
> itself (current-version is already 4.12-24).

Well, why don't you simply do a package with a copy of the exim sources,
and add the patch in the .diff.gz. This way you upload the source just
once, and upload new .diff.gz each time there is a new version of the
patches ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther