DH_COMPAT=2 and dh_shlibdeps

Hi all,

Using DH_COMPAT=2 in my rules and calling dh_shlibdeps -a.. however, it
does nothing! It creates a single substvars file if DH_COMPAT is unset.
I don't think this is default dh_shlibdeps behavior. My package is
multiple-binary. Right now i have just forgone dh_shlibdeps and I'm
using this instead (pasted verbatim from debian/rules)

        # this replaces dh_shlibdeps until i get it to work
        dpkg-shlibdeps debian/tmp/usr/ircd-hybrid/bin/*
        mv debian/substvars debian/ircd-hybrid.substvars

Anyone have a clue why this behavior is happening? I'm pretty sure it is
my problem, and I've looked at other similar packages but haven't
figured out the difference....

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ... :)

Regards
Josh

--
New PGP public key: 0x27AFC3EE