Re: Upstream author wants maintainer

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:39:18PM -0500, Robert Allan Kiesling wrote:

> Instead of going through the process of becoming a registered
> package maintainer, I would like to know if there's an existing
> Debian maintainer that would like to maintain a package or two.
> Much of the work involves installing vendor libraries for Perl
> and a lot of MySQL installation - I've actually built one .DEB
> package, and it would be definitely better to find a maintainer
>  who's worked with Perl.

OK, you could do it a few ways.
  1) Package it yourself and get a sponsor, that is a Debian developer
     who would upload it on your behalf.
  2) You could write a RFP (Request For Package) of it
  3) You could become a developer yourself.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>