Re: How to detect if Sendmail/Postfix/Qmail is installed

John Price (2003-02-21 01:54:24 -0600) :

> I'm considering packaging TPC from http://www.tpc.int, and it
> requires configuring the MTA to accept email to specific
> domain names.  Needless to say, it's a fairly complicated
> mail server configuration.
>
> In this case, should the package just document what the use
> should do (it will be different for each MTA) or at least
> detect which MTA is installed and copy an example config file
> in the correct place for whichever MTA is installed?

What I do for sourceforge (not the package currently in unstable) and
gforge is this: the main package (sourceforge) depends on
sourceforge-mta-exim | sourceforge-mta, and then I have
sourceforge-mta-exim and sourceforge-mta-postfix pacakges.  Depending
on which one you install, then, you know what MTA to configure for.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

That's one of the good fings about not existin'; they leave you alone most
of the time.  --  in My Hero (Tom Holt)