Re: Sponsor for distributed computation daemon: protein folding

I don't think this license satisifies the DFSG, but you're better off asking
debian-legal.

I don't think it does either. That's why I think the package would be non-free.

Eh, no, that isn't quite how it works. Better check the Debian Policy
Manual:

"Packages must be placed in /non-free/ or /non-US/non-free/ if they are not compliant with the DFSG or are encumbered by patents or other legal issues that make their distribution problematic."

This package does not comply with DFSG (but it is legal to distribute it), so it must be placed in non-free. What do I get wrong?

Still, I am quite willing to modify the package to make it an installer. But it would be nice to understand what are the options, and what is the tradeoff before making the decision.

Daniel