Re: foobillard package

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 02:31:54AM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>

> it's great that you're packaging foobillard. What kind of powerpc box do
> you have? In case it's one with a Radeon chip with an R100 core and a
> TCL unit, and you're using my dri-trunk packages,

I have an ibook with radeon M6, with dri-trunk

> you've probably noticed the flickering artifacts with spheremap reflections.

I never noticed it.

> I wrote to the upstream author about this a while ago, advising to use
> glPolygonOffset, but sadly I didn't get any response. Maybe you could
> look into it, or point it out to him again?

He did pause development for a few months recently. Maybe you sent your
mail somewhere in that period.
I don't think I can look into it myself, I don't really know opengl
myself.

> PS: Have you found a sponsor yet? If not, I might do it, but I suspect
> there are others with more experience and time for that.

I haven't found a sponsor yet, so I would appreciate you doing it.
I just noticed foobillard 2.4 has been released, so I will update my
packages sometime today.

> PPS: It's also a pity that the fullscreen setting isn't preserved.

If you add "fullscreen" to the .foobillardrc yourself, it should work.

Frank