SML-NJ Package Names

I am working on a repackaging of the SML/NJ package that splits the
sml runtime component apart from the sml compiler. The idea is to
facilitate the packaging of SML programs and libraries without
requiring the user to install the compiler.

My main question is how to name these packages appropriately. Here is the
package naming as of now:
  smlnj-runtime : the runtime system
  smlnj : the compiler
  ml-yacc : sml yacc implementation
  ml-lex : sml lex implementation
  ml-burg : a code generator generator
  smlnj-lib : misc libs for sml
  ckit : translate C code to an abstract syntax in SML
  exene : an X11 programming interface for SML
  ml-nlffi : the "No Longer Foreign Function Interface"
  cml : Concurrency support for ML.

Besides the "smlnj-runtime" and "smlnj" packages, all others are named
the same as they are upstream.

The package currently in Debian is called "sml-nj" and encompasses the
"smlnj-runtime", "smlnj", "ml-yacc", and "ml-lex" packages. My idea is
to make an empty package called "sml-nj" that would depend on the
"smlnj-runtime", "smlnj", "ml-yacc", and "ml-lex" packages so that
current users would have the same functionality upon an upgrade of the
system.

Any comments on this naming scheme. Should the "smlnj" package be
called "smlnj-compiler"?

Aaron
--
Aaron Matthew Read <amread@nyx.net> http://www.nyx.net/~amread