Re: dealing with dead projects

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Sam Powers wrote:

> > Beat him over the head with some of ESR's writings, specifically the part
> > which states that the final responsibility of a free software author is to
> > find an appropriate successor when your own interest has died.  <grin>
>
> Well, at least he offered it to me.. *shrug*

Note 'appropriate'.  Someone without the necessary programming skills
doesn't qualify in my book.  <g>

> The real problem is finding a coder who uses xmms and likes streaming
> audio. Maybe I'll suggest to the icecast server folks that they pick up
> that code and dust it off.

That's probably the best option.  The icecast people might keep it going on
the idea that if there's good XMMS support, more people are likely to use
icecast.

--
Matthew Palmer, Debian Developer
mpalmer@debian.org     http://www.debian.org