Re: problem replacing package

-> > -> That would require versioned dependencies on virtual packages (versioned
-> > -> Provides:) to work, but they don't. You'll probably have to use
-> > -> something like a high epoch instead.
-> >
-> > Pardon? Does that mean there's no possibility to provide one package bye
-> > another one, for other packages' dependencies to work? hmmm :(
->
-> Not if other packages declare *versioned* dependencies on it.

hmmm should I now blame someone or is it unexpected situation that is not
expected to happen and there is no solution now (except the one below)?

-> > And what do you mean 'high epoch'?
->
-> Something like 'Version: 9:1.0.0-1'. The epoch forces that version
-> number to compare higher than any version number with a lower epoch or
-> no epoch. See policy section 4 ("Version numbering").

OK, I will try, even if it's not exactly what I meaned.

-> (BTW, I tried to honour your Mail-Followup-To: and cc you, but my ISP's
-> mail server is blocked by yours, so I won't bother trying again.)

Sorry - my fault - forgot to tell mutt that I subscribed already.
it seems you use btinternet that's blocked by dsbl... bad :(

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 I intend to live forever - so far so good.