Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:00:40PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Raphael Hertzog
>
> | I'm the guy who invented sponsorship, I'm the one who wrote the
> | sponsorhip CGI.
>
> Most of my sponsorees haven't come from the CGI of yours, but from
> this list, or #debian-devel.
>
> So, even though you might know stuff about sponsorship, you do not own
> the term.  What I (and it seems a lot of other people) think is that
> the current system works fine.  At least, it works a lot better than
> having to handle it through the BTS.  IMO.

  No, from my point of view it is not enough. I have no way to
  keep track of the sponsorship work.

  I have a recent case of someone who NMU'ed packages of someone
  I do sponsor but I wasn't aware of that.
  I would like an entry point for communicating with the sponsoree
  so I can get informed about such events.

  The BTS plus the PTS provide what I need currently.

  So, I want the sponsorship managed through the BTS.

--
Jérôme Marant