Re: Upstream's debian/ directory

Goswin Brederlow dijo:
> Amaya <amaya@debian.org> writes:
> > Goswin Brederlow dijo:
> > > The best thing to do would be to get the upstream debian dir into
> > > proper shape and keep it that way.
> >
> > That's fine with me.
> >
> > > Theres no reason for upstream not to have a perfectly working
> > > debian dir with you watching out for upstream that it stays in
> > > good condition.
> >
> > Great.
> > But as dpkg-src makes it quite difficult (or impossible) to remove
> > files in upstream's tarball, if you add files there I will have to
> > do what you below tell me not to :-)
>
> Then hope you don't have to. Get upstream to remove them if they are
> wrong. As long as upstream is responsive to your requests and doesn't
> delay your uploads for weeks due to a wrong file you should be fine.
>
> Normly upstream debian dirs are missing files. If someone creates a
> file he usually though about it.

Yes, he's missing pre* and post*, Build-Depends... wich is fine, as they
don't abide by policy.

> Anyway, are there files in there that break the packaging? If not why
> worry now? If worst comes to worst you cann allways remove the file
> and repack the upstream source (if upstream gets stubborn).

Nocc upstream gave me a CVS account to keep debian/ in shape. Usually
upstreams are cool.

--
 .''`.       After all, only the mediocre are always at their best.
: :' :                                          -- Jean Giraudoux