Was: Mentor Request: Now: Sponsor Request

  My name is Philip Hempel, I am looking for someone that would be
willing to sponser me for a package called MessageWall from
http://messagewall.org.

This package hase two libraries that it depends on. The first is
libfirestring, a package used for parsing and managing configurations.
The second is libfiredns, used for DNS queries. The two packages are
from the same upstream maintainer, ian@penguinhosting.net.

The package requires a mail-transport-agent, svtools, libssl,
dameontools that are presently available for debian. This package is a
spam prevention and virus protector for your MTA (almost a mail proxy).
This is my first package but have been sucsessfully using it as a debian
package on my system since June 22, 2002 and the libraries since May 18
2002.
These packages seem, from my checking not to have any conflicts with any
other packages. I have been maintaining MessageWal for my mail server
since version 0.1.19 and have at present 19 revisions.
---

This package is presently located at http://ns.linuxhardcore.com/debian/

I would like if someone could look at and give some pointers on this package. I feel that it is ready for primetime and want to make sure that it does install correctly and work for most systems out of the box minus a few setting to be changed in the config.

Eventually these changes will becomed debconf questions. That is next on my list for this package.

One question related to this package is I am very used to most of the debian pacakges working without a config. This package will not function in any way without one (there is not one hard coded configuration in the application except for the location of the config file).

Would this cause any problems for anyone?

Thanks

P.S. anyone that wants to install and are have difficulties please email me. We could go irc and work out problems with getting it installed.

--

Philip S. Hempel

616.208.2665