auto-builders, how do they work?

I'm curious about how the auto-builders work, somehow
I didn't find enough info about them, except for buildd
(http://buildd.debian.org/).

My question is: how do I make my packages available for
all architectures?
(Or at least, as many as possible. :-)

Should I do something or does the auto-builders recompile my
package by themselves when a new version of my package has been accepted?

A specific example: conserver.

I found it in 5 Contents-files (sid):
Contents-alpha.gz
Contents-hppa.gz
Contents-i386.gz
Contents-ia64.gz
Contents-s390.gz

Maybe there was compile error for the other architectures, I
found my other package, libexpect-perl, in 12 Contents-files.

(I searched the andrea web page (http://buildd.debian.org/andrea/)
for the word 'conserver', but couldn't find it. So andrea was
probably not the right place to look.)