Re: Tight versions depends

Jeff Bailey wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this also but...

E: mailutils-imap4d: package-has-a-duplicate-relation libmailutils0, libmailutils0 (= 20020713-1)

The generate mailutils.pop3d-substvars has:

The error is for mailutils-imap4d, but you are looking at the config for mailutils.pop3d?

What's the best fix for this?  It seems I need to get dh_shlibdeps to
not put in libmailutils0 somehow.  I checked a couple other packages
(nautilus2, glibc) but they either don't fit this situation, or don't
bother with tight dependancies.

Maybe this section from the Library Packaging Guide is related:

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#AEN324

-John

--
http:// i      .   /