Request for sponsor for Kopete

Hi,

I'd like to package Kopete for Debian. Since this would be my first
package and I am not a Debian member yet, I'm looking for a sponsor to
help me get started.

Kopete is a KDE IM client, it supports various protocols via plugins.
Soon, version 0.4 will be released, which will be the first milestone
release of it.

Daniel Stone has created a first version of a Debian directory for
builds out of CVS, which I have taken over and modified slightly. This
is currently a bit of a hack as the CVS versions will have to build out
of the kdenonbeta CVS tree.

The 0.4 release will have its out independent source rollup which will
have to be re-debianized as soon as it is done.

I have placed the preliminary 0.3 CVS packages at
http://www.thelavalamp.org/kopete/

The quote below is the ITP.

Till

Package: wnpp
Version: N/A; reported 2002-05-29
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : kopete
  Version         : 0.4
  Upstream Author : Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <duncan@kdedevelopers.net>
                    Nick Betcher <nbetcher@usinternet.com>
* URL             : http://www.kdedevelopers.net/kopete/
* License         : GPL
  Description     : Multi-protocol KDE Instant Messenger client

 Kopete is a multi-protocol Instant Messenger client for KDE. Currently,
 it supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, IRC and Jabber. This is the preferred IM
client
 for KDE, replacing KMSN/KMerlin and Kit. (according to the developers)