Re: Help fixing non-i386 bugs

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:35:32AM +0200, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 06:00:02AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:
> > Bug stamp-out list for May 24 00:03 (CST)
> >
> > Total number of release-critical bugs: 112
>
> Some bugs in this list affect architectures I dont have (have only
> i386)
> How am I supposed to use Debian machines to test/fix these bugs?
> How can I install build-depends on those machines?

Talk to the admin contact listed for each machine at
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi. This is usually debian-admin, who've
been pretty responsive any time I've asked them for build-deps, although
when possible I generally try to avoid having to bother them by
installing build-deps in my home directory and hacking include paths.
This often makes sense when experimenting but obviously wouldn't be a
good idea if I was building a package for upload.

> Should I use a chroot (imagine dozens of users install their own
> chroot on a single machine...)?

You need root privileges to chroot.