Re: Trouble with shared libraries

Cajus Pollmeier <c.pollmeier@gmx.net> immo vero scripsit:

> Hi mentors,
>
> I'm trying to solve a problem in the library packages I split off. The
> package itself doesn't use auto-tools etc. and just creates libfoo.so
> files. Some of them are obviously meant as a plugin, so there's no
> need to put in some kind of versioning. (I guess)
>
> 1) Should I rename the original libs (not meant as a plugin) to be
> libfoo.so.1.0.1 style?

I think you'd probably be better off reading the libtool manual,
then read my libpkg-guide, then come back with more questions.

Are you the upstream to the package too ?

libtool is quite useful.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4