blank lines in control file

Well, this is not a question. I've just spent several hours wondering
what the matter was with a package which refused to build. rules was
failing with the following message:

dpkg-gencontrol: error: per-package paragraph 1 in control info file is
missing Package line

I searched the archive, and found one person which had been having a
similar problem. The cause in his case was a missing blank line in
debian/control between the Source: block and the Package: block. The
cause in my case was that I had put 2 blank lines between the blocks.

I post this message hoping that it will save some time to other new
packagers. But I cannot help thinking that having a somehow more
tolerant parser for control files could help.

Well, let's get back packaging!

--
Alexandre