keysign in baltimore, MD & ldap Q

I'm looking to get my key signed and I live in baltimore, MD.
(Catonsville specifically, but I can travel a bit)

I tried using the public ldap directory, but ran into some problems.
I was reading through the directions on
http://db.debian.org/doc-direct.html, but when I tried the example, I
got:
~$ ldapsearch -v uid=wakkerma keyfingerprint
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object

and I also tried
~$ ldapsearch -v -h db.debian.org -b 'dc=debian,dc=org' uid=wakkerma
keyfingerprint
ldap_init( db.debian.org, 0 )
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-mike