Re: watch file syntax

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:00:31PM -0800, Ian Duggan wrote:
> I looked on the mirrors and the latest I can find is 2.6.90. Where would
> I look to find 2.6.91? I looked in the /pool/d/devscripts/ dir on
> mirrors.kernel.org/debian and http.us.debian.org.

At the time Julian posted, it was available from
http://incoming.debian.org/.

> Where do new uploads go to,

It's not quite as simple as it used to be with new incoming (see
debian-devel-announce), but essentially uploads are made to a private
incoming directory on ftp-master.debian.org or non-us.debian.org and
moved into one of a number of locations from there, including
queue/accepted (for packages that will be installed on the next daily
run) and queue/new (for packages that are completely new or have changed
enough to require manual attention by an ftpmaster).

queue/accepted on ftp-master.debian.org is available via
http://incoming.debian.org/, queue/new is not because e.g. when
crypto-in-main is allowed it might lead to distributing cryptography
from the US archive before the required government notifications have
been sent.

> and how often do the mirrors update?

The archive maintenance software runs once a day (just before 8pm GMT)
to install accepted packages into the pool, and the mirrors update
shortly after that.