Purging the debconf database

     I have been having continuing difficulties making debconf display
a note for dict-web1913.  With DEBCONF=developer in my environment,
when I install the package, debconf returns:

   debconf (developer): frontend started
   debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is dict-web1913
   debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/dict-web1913.config configure
   debconf (developer): <-- INPUT critical dict-web1913/reconf
   debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
   debconf (developer): <-- GO
   debconf (developer): --> 0 ok

     I assume the reason the question is skipped is because it has
been seen.  The postrm script includes:

if [ "$1" = "purge" -a -e /usr/share/debconf/confmodule ]; then
    # Source debconf library.
    . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
    # Remove my changes to the db.
    db_purge
fi

I understand this should purge all information pertaining to the
package from the debconf database.  When I run `sudo dpkg --purge
dict-web1913', debconf returns:

   debconf (developer): frontend started
   debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is dict-web1913
   debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/dict-web1913.postrm purge
   debconf (developer): <-- PURGE
   debconf (developer): --> 0

I assume this means the database has been purged.

     However, after this action, /var/cache/debconf/config.dat still
contains:

Name: dict-web1913/reconf
Template: dict-web1913/reconf
Value:
Owners: unknown
Flags: seen

and /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat still contains the templates
file.

     Is this a bug, or am I using db_purge incorrectly in the postrm.
Is there another way to make debconf forget it has shown the messge to
the user?

Bob
--
   _