Re: taking dependencies

Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@debian.org> writes:

> so, you could write a script that greps for "^checking for", grabs the
> library name, then does a dpkg -S to find out which package owns that
> library.

Perhaps a CoolFeature(tm) of dh_make would be to parse configure.in if
any and to search for any occurrences of AC_PROG_*, AC_CHECK_LIBS and
friends so as to look for source dependencies.

Although this can automate a bit dependencies, I believe this kind of
feature cannot be perfect and may lead to false dependencies.

--
   What I'm talking about here are Global Score Files.  Score files from
all over the world, from users everywhere, uniting all nations in one