binary addition in the debian .diff.gz

Hi mentors,
  I have received from the upstream author a tutorial that I want to
include in the debian package of "zoggy" which I currently maintain.
The tutorial will be available in the next upstream release of the
software but I like it to appear also in the curren debian package.
The tutorial comes in two flavours: HTML version and .ps.gz version.

I tried to add it only to the diff.gz but this seems to be impossible
becayse diff used by dpkg-buildpackage doesn't handle binary files.
I can obviously reupload a new .orig.tar.gz but I like to left it equal
to the upstream version.

Does exists a way to tell dpkg-buildpackage to include also binary diff
in the .diff.gz?
This seems to me almost impossible, but ... you are the mentors :)

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro