Re: is this license DFSG compliant ?

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 05:51:21PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hello Christophe,
>
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 04:53:52PM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:
> > Is the following license DFSG compliant ?
> > I think that it is with the clause 4 of the DFSG but I would like to be
> > sure.
> > Also I would like to know which (or how much) packages in debian use
> > this clause '#4 Integrity of The Author's Source Code' to be accepted.
>
> Yes, all of the restrictions below are equivalent to restrictions
> included in the GPL.  This license is DFSG-free.
>
> BTW, debian-legal is a better list for questions about the DFSG-freeness
> of software.

I have checked the mailing lists list and not found a better place but I
have missed this one, I will certainly post my question there. I really am
curious to know how much packages use these DFSG point.

Christophe

> Cheers,
> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer
>
> > >  This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or
> > >  implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held
> > >  liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
> > >
> > >  Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any
> > >  purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it
> > >  and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
> > >
> > >  1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you
> > >  must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use
> > >  this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product
> > >  documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
> > >
> > >  2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and
> > >  must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
> > >
> > >  3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source
> > >  distribution.
> >
> > --
> > Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe@ufies.org>
> > GnuPG FingerPrint: E0F6 FADF 2A5C F072 6AF8  F67A 8F45 2F1E D72C B41E
> >
> > There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're
> > talking about. -- John von Neumann

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
--Joseph Wood Krutch