non-buildability always RC?

Hi,

I maintain freenet-unstable, a free Java application that builds with
jikes, but unfortunately not with the version in unstable and testing.
I've now got a bug about that and wonder whether it should really be
serious. It's not that this package is not buildable in principle --
but woody & sid lack the tools to do it.

There are no problems with autobuilders since the thing is Arch: all.

If the bug is really RC, how would I work around it? The real fix had
to be with jikes, of course, but that may be beyond me at the moment.

--
Robbe