Re: a/ispell dependency?

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:35:48PM +0000, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Hullo,
> I'm trying to get my package (gnomesword) to depend on aspell for all archs
> that it builds on (all except mips and mipsel) and ispell for the others, but
> I can't find what the syntax for this would be in policy or anywhere else.
>
> something like aspell [!mips && !mipsel], ispell [mips, mipsel]
> sounds right though that doesn't work
>
> I see other packages such as kate have used ispell | aspell, but what I want
> is aspell in preference so that won't work.
>
> Can you help please? This problem is keeping the package out of testing.

You could use variable substitution, ...

here is how i do it for the ocaml package :

in debian/rules : (opt-built-stamp is a part of the package only built on some
arches)

        if [ ! -e opt-built-stamp ]; then                       \
          dh_gencontrol -pocaml                                 \
                -u-VF:BestProvides="ocaml-best-compilers,";     \
        else                                                    \
          dh_gencontrol -pocaml                                 \
                -u-VF:BestProvides="";                          \
          dh_gencontrol -pocaml-native-compilers;               \
        fi

and in debian/control :

Provides: ${F:BestProvides} camlp4

Altough there may be better solutions, ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther