Re: Buildd rejected my Build-depends:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:18:34PM +0100, Judica?l Courant wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 21:59, Matt Zimmerman wrote :
>
> > You might try:
> >
> > Build-depends: debhelper (>= 3), ocaml (>= 3.01), ocaml (>= X) | camlp4 (>= 3.01)
> >
> > where X is the version which incorporates the former contents of camlp4.
>
> That is indeed the workaround I was speaking of. But my question remains:
> was the problem a bug of buildd or did I misunderstood the policy?

The problem is that you are requesting a weird situation, and it is
confusing apt.  The buildd responds to "Build-depends: ocaml, camlp4" by
running "apt-get install ocaml camlp4", which apt decides is impossible
since ocaml Conflicts: camlp4.

"apt-get build-dep" handles this situation correctly, though.  But as far as
I know, the buildd's don't use that feature yet.

--
 - mdz