Open Motif

Hello,

I'd like to make a new package for snd. The current maintainer told me
that he would sponsor me.

My problem is: snd doesn't work well with lesstif according to the
upstream maintainer, the gtk-gui isn't as mature as the motif-gui, so I
have to use open motif (libmotif). The policy states that such a package
must go to contrib instead of main, because libmotif is in non-free.

But I don't understand why I also have to make both a statically and a
dynamically linked version of the package, as reqested by 12.8.

I also don't understand why a statically linked version is necessary at
all, since libmotif is in the debian distribution.

Can somebody enlighten me? :-)

regards, Stefan

--
http://www.shockfrosted.org