Re: RFC: Sponsor request convention

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:03:00AM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
 RB>> I think it would be nice to achieve some kind of convention on the
 RB>> format of messages requesting sponsors for packages.
 MP> Not a bad idea, on the whole.  Feel like writing this up in a
 MP> webpage somewhere, sort of a "Requesting Sponsorship HOWTO".  That
 MP> way, anyone who does it any other way can be pointed in the right
 MP> direction.
 <...>

I think proper place for that would be Debian Developer's Reference:

    2.3 Debian mentors and sponsors

    novice maintainers who seek help with initial packaging and other
    developer-related issues. Every new developer is invited to
    subscribe to that list (see Mailing lists, Section 4.1 for details).

    Those who prefer one-on-one help (e.g., via private email) should
    also post to that list and an experienced developer will volunteer
    to help.

    In addition, if you have some packages ready for inclusion in
    Debian, but are waiting for your new maintainer application to go
    through, you might be able find a sponsor to upload your package for
    you. Sponsors are people who are official Debian maintainers, and
    who are willing to criticize and upload your packages for you. Those
    who are seeking a sponsor can request one at
    http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/.

    If you wish to be a mentor and/or sponsor, more information is
    available in Interacting with prospective Debian developers, Section
    7.5.

I think one or two paragraphs in this section would suffice. Also take a
look at that link, internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/, I think it
would be nice to help its maintainer change it according to your
requirements to sponsorship requests, and probably integrate it into
nm.debian.org, too.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko