Re: GNAT

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 07:16:26PM +0000, Jon Ward wrote:
> > I would like to adopt the gnat package.
> [...]
> I think that would require first that there be people on the list
> familiar enough with gnat to quiz, and I'm not sure there are. :)  If
> you're familiar with ADA and feel comfortable adopting the package, I
> don't think anyone here will gainsay you.

I haven't noticed anyone else taking an interest in the GNAT packages
since they were orphaned (except I briefly considered the idea: in the
meantime, I've got tied down with some other Ada-related ITAs).

> If you're going to adopt it, you should retitle bug #154098 to an 'ITA'
> bug instead of an 'O' bug (this, at least, should be in your grasp before
> you try to adopt a package :).

I'd also suggest looking at the thread starting at
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2002/debian-gcc-200208/msg00151.html
(The newer GNAT stuff is likely to come from the gcc3 line of packages.)

Regards,

Phil.