s390 build

The buildd logs for my package, aplus-fsf, show a failure to build on the s390
due to a compile error.  I logged on to trex and attempted to build it in the
unstable chroot.  It built without error.  Then I noticed that the error in
the buildd log referred to a file /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/new.h.  The
"3.2" made me think that the 3.2 compiler was being used instead of the
2.95.4, but I found that the installed version of c++ is in fact 2.95.4 (c++
--version).  What is the build-essential compiler on s390?  If it is 3.2,
should I expect it to be installed in the unstable chroot?

--
Neil L. Roeth