Re: orig.tar.gz

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:30:15PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [2002.10.28.2041 +0100]:
> > If you don't know why it is so, then why are you instructing others to do
> > this?
>
> why does dh_make do it?

dh_make doesn't build .orig.tar.gz files.  It makes a copy of the source
tree names <blah>.orig, and it only does that if you don't tell it that you
already have a source tarball using the --file/-f option.

I see no reason why it should not detect the existence of a file with the
proper name and use it, so I have filed a wishlist bug to that effect.

--
 - mdz