Problems in dpkg database

Hi!

I'm creating a piece of software that should analyze integrity of
filesystem relative to dpkg database (or integriry of dpkg database
relative to filesystem if you like ;)

But I ran into problems loading dpkg database. They are as follows:
1. Great deal of packages have no $package.md5sums file
2. In one package there are files in $package.md5sums that are not
listed in $package.list
3. Some files are installed by two different non-conflicting packages
(listed in two different $package.list files)
4. All the filenames in $package.conffiles start with "/" but one
conffile contains filename without leading "/"

For every type of problem I need an advice: shall I file a bug-report
against such packages and if yes, what is the severity of such bug?

Thanks in advance.

--
Alte