Re: stripping binaries...must we?

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 10:30:35AM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:

> > Could someone please clarify if it's appropriate to respect upstream's
> > wishes to leave the symbols in?
>
> Sure. It's only a "should" in policy, not a "must", so it's ok not to
> strip.

OK, I guess I'll pack 'em back in with my next upload then.

Jög: yeah, I thought about adding a -dbg version, but the way I see it it'd
be more trouble than it's worth, and wouldn't help with the goal of keeping
the archive size.  I gather upstream only wants the symbols left in the short
term, since it's a relatively new piece of software. After we've passed a
couple of version, he'll probably be happy to strip again.

Thanks,

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A