Re: multiversioned source

Mike Furr <mike.furr@umbc.edu> writes:

> Is there a way to have different debian version numbers for a
> multipackage source?

         .         .        .

> Policy doesn't really state anything about source vs. binary versions.
> Is this possible?

     Yes.  I maintain vera and dict-vera, both made from the vera
source package, but with different version numbers (the dict-vera
package has an epoch prefixed to the version number).

     In the section of the rules file for dict-vera, I have the line:

        dpkg-gencontrol -isp -p$(pkg2) -v1:$(pkg-ver) -Pdebian/tmp_$(pkg2)

the variable pkg2 is defined as dict-vera, and the variable pkg-ver is
defined as 1.9-2.

     This is a hand rolled rules file.  I am not familiar with
debhelper, but I imagine that it is possible to achieve this result
with debhelper.

Regards,

Bob
--