Looking for information about finding sponsors.

Hello,

The latest issue of Debian Weekly News inspired my to, once again, find
out what is required to contribute to the Debian project as a package
maintainer.

I maintain a number of packages for my own use, some turn
out to be on list of requested packages: knoda, hk_classes,... others
are useful little tools: kdirstate, cddump, ... or fun little bits of
fluff: gmandel, krosseeye, ....

I try to maintain all my non-debian software as debian packages since it
makes maintaining my system so much easier, and as long I as I am doing
it for myself I might as well share any results that might be
interesting to the greater Debian community.

I find that before I can do much of anything else I will need a
sponsor/advocate.  One of the many fine folks at debian-wnpp suggested I
ask about finding one here. In the meantime I found an unofficial list
of aspiring new developers needing sponsors:
http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/ but it is not
obviously an official debian resource. It there an official list of
developers requesting sponsors?

Is this list the proper place to look, or is some other official list more
appropriate and I should put on my hat and coat, pick up my things and
go stand in line?

Thanks for any leads,

Mike Schacht
mschacht@alumni.washington.edu