keys question..

I have been working on a package for 'vpopmail', which would close Bugs
#77740 and #68673, and while I have pretty much sorted out all the
issues involved in this package, I have run into a problem I'm not sure
how to solve.

The vpopmail package insists on being built by the root user, which has
obvious implications when it comes time to sign the generated package...
how do you deal with issues like this where there's a real mismatch
between the maintainer field and the UID building a package?

--
Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain