Re: Help!! Can't sign package: secret key not available

On Saturday, September 14, 2002, at 09:22 AM, martin f krafft wrote:

dpkg wants:

gpg: skipped `martin f. krafft <madduck@debian.org>': secret key not available

But your key says

uid Martin F. Krafft (Debian) <madduck@debian.org>

which is not the same since it has an extra "(Debian)" in it.

Looks like a bug to me.

If it's a bug it's in GPG - the maintainer string in the changelog is simply passed off to it. As far as I remember it then does a substring match. I'm not sure that once the key is generated there's any structure in the UID information beyond a single string.

--
"You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever"