Providing a stub to avoid problem packaging?

So, I'm working on a Java package (Jakarta's commons-httpclient) that
requires the JSSE [1] to compile, although it doesn't require it to
run.  There are legal issues with the JSSE package that would prevent
it from being packaged for Debian, however [2].

One workaround I can think of for this case is to provide a pair of
stub classes that would merely implement the interface that the
package needs to compile, and add a note to the README.Debian stating
that the user will have to download their own copy of JSSE if they
wish to use the SSL functionality.

Are there any issues with performing this kind of workaround in
Debian packages?  I wouldn't think so, but thought I should
double-check since I'm new to this.

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jsse
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200205/msg00055.html

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  portnoy@portnoy.org
  GPG fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE