Re: problem replacing package

-> > I'd like to do it that way that my package would not cause any conflicts,
-> > and would not be automatically replacedm therefore I think it would be best
-> > to name these packages like "$package-$cpu"
->
-> Look at how the atlas2 package does this.

I did it - it seems it has multiple modules for multiple instruction sets.
However, that would require me to recompile those packages which sems like
no good idea (it will be already better to accept some unclean solution)

-> ld.so has a rather nice
-> feature that allows processor optimised versions of libraries to be
-> installed in parallel with generic ones and automatically located at
-> runtime.  If you use this your CPU optimised versions can be installed
-> at the same time as the generic version (which is what everything
-> depends on).

I know about this feature, but only that it exists (just searched docs and
did not find anything about it)

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.