Re: chained dependencies handling in debian/control

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:46:53PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Let package A depend on package B and C.
> Let package B depend on package C.
> I maintain A, someone else maintains B and C.
>
> Should I explicitely let A depend on B and C in debian/control, or is it
> OK -- or better -- to let it depend only on B?
You should depend on that what you are using. So if you have for example
#!/usr/bin/python in one of your script, depend on the "python" package.
Trusting on implicit dependencies is not a guarantee for your package to
work in the future.

cu,
--
     Bastian Kleineidam